162 - Investor (Provisional)
This visa is intended for those people with a successful background in managing businesses or financial investments. To be eligible for registration with the Government of Western Australia, key criteria include:
- You are less than 45 years or age;
- You have vocational English;
- You have at least three years experience of direct involvement in managing businesses or investments;
- For one of the last five fiscal years, you directly managed a business in which you held an ownership interest of at least 10 per cent OR you directly managed investments worth at least A$1,500,000;
- For each of the last two fiscal years, your total business and personal assets had a net value of at least A$2,250,000;
- You are able to make a Designated Investment of A$1,500,000 with the Western Australian Treasury Corporation for a four year term; and
- You are able to transfer an additional amount of A$250,000 for your settlement costs in Western Australia .
The majority of 162 visa holders will be eligible for permanent residence under subclass 891 Investor (Permanent), once they have held their Designated Investment with the Western Australian Treasury Corporation for a four year term and met other relevant visa criteria.
Full details of the visa criteria can be found in the DIAC publication Booklet 7: Business Skills Entry.
To obtain registration from the Government of Western Australia, you must submit your completed Form 927: State/Territory Notification to the Business Migration Centre, together with a statement addressing the above criteria.