Please note that from 1 July 2020 all applications for State nomination must be lodged through our new online application system. Applications received by email or in hard copy after this date will not be processed.
Due to COVID-19 we are conducting all interviews with clients by telephone. Personal appointments will also be replaced by telephone interviews at the Western Australian Government Trade Office in Shanghai until further notice.
If you have an appointment with our staff, or intend to make one, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the appointment by telephone.
This visa is available for holders of the 188 Business Innovation and Investment - Business Innovation Stream visa.
State nomination criteria
Western Australian State nomination criteria includes:
- you were the primary visa applicant, and met the primary criteria for the grant of your provisional Business Innovation and Investment visa. Or, you are the secondary applicant and meet the criteria for the Subclass 888
- you have owned and managed up to two actively trading businesses in Western Australia during the last 24 months*
- you have been resident in Western Australia for at least one year in the two years immediately before application – you and any family members (dependents) residing in Australia are required to live and study in Western Australia
- your main business or main businesses had a turnover of at least AUD$300,000 during the last 12 months (unless the Government of Western Australia has determined that there are exceptional circumstances)
- unless the Government of Western Australia has negotiated a change to your business proposal, you must have met the conditions of the State Nomination Agreement of your provisional business visa, including:
- total net assets in Western Australia
- total net assets in Business in Western Australia
- type of business activity
- location of business activity
- new employment creation
* You have not acquired the ownership in your main business (or two main businesses) from a person who was an applicant for, or a holder of, a permanent Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 888) or a permanent business skills visa (in subclasses 890, 891, 892 or 893), unless you and that person had a joint interest in the main business for at least one year before you lodge your application for this visa.
Lodging your application
Before proceeding please ensure you have read all the requirements of the 888 visa criteria at the Department of Home Affairs website. Where you can also find details of all Australian migration programs.
Once you start your application, you can save it as you progress and return to it later. If you are completing the application on behalf of someone else, please ensure you save the application before submitting it so the applicant can personally complete the Applicant Declaration.
You will be required to attach documents throughout the application, please ensure any documents not in English are translated, and a copy of both the original and translated versions are included. Please do not include any personal information such as birth certificates, tax file numbers etc.
Due to upload limitations, please only provide the relevant pages addressing the criteria and not the full document.