Please note that from 1 July 2020 all applications for State nomination must be lodged through our new online application system. Applications received by email or in hard copy after this date will not be processed.
All State nomination places from the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) for Western Australia have now been allocated. We are not accepting any new applications for subclasses 188 or 132 until further notice.
Due to COVID-19 we are conducting all interviews with clients by telephone. Personal appointments will also be replaced by telephone interviews at the Western Australian Government Trade Office in Shanghai until further notice.
If you have an appointment with our staff, or intend to make one, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the appointment by telephone.
This visa is available for holders of the 188 Business Innovation and Investment – Investor Stream visa.
State nomination criteria
Western Australian State nomination criteria includes:
- you were the primary applicant for your 188 Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa or were the secondary applicant and have jointly held the Designated Investment with the primary applicant
- you have held your Designated Investment for at least four years or your investment is due to mature within the next three months
- you will maintain your funds in Western Australia on maturity of your treasury bonds
- you have been resident in Western Australia for a total of at least two years during the last four years – applicants are expected to have purchased a residence in Western Australia
- unless the Government of Western Australia has negotiated a change to your business proposal, you must have met the conditions of the State Nomination Agreement of your provisional business visa, including:
- total capital transfer to Western Australia
- investment in Treasury Bonds
Lodging your application
Before proceeding please ensure you have read all the requirements of the 888 visa criteria at the Department of Home Affairs website. Where you can also find details of all Australian migration programs.
Once you start your application, you can save it as you progress and return to it later. If you are completing the application on behalf of someone else, please ensure you save the application before submitting it so the applicant can personally complete the Applicant Declaration.
You will be required to attach documents throughout the application, please ensure any documents not in English are translated, and a copy of both the original and translated versions are included. Please do not include any personal information such as birth certificates, tax file numbers etc.
Due to upload limitations, please only provide the relevant pages addressing the criteria and not the full document.