Significant Investor Stream
This visa is available for holders of the 188 Business Innovation and Investment – Significant Investor stream visa.
State nomination criteria
To apply for Western Australian State nomination you must have met the following conditions:
- that you have lived in Australia for a total of at least 160 days in the four years immediately before you apply for this visa, or that your partner has lived in Australia for a total of at least 720 days (as required by the Department of Home Affairs)
- that you have held complying investments continuously for the entire time you held your 188 Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (as required by DIHA)
- unless the Government of Western Australia has approved a change to your business proposal, you must have met the conditions of the State nomination agreement of your provisional visa; including,
- maintaining your funds in any type of investment in Western Australia upon maturity of your complying investments; and
- you are expected to have purchased a residence in Western Australia
Note: The rules in force at the time you applied for your original subclass 188 visa in the Significant Investor stream will apply to you when your application for a subclass 888 visa is assessed.
If you applied for your Provisional visa (subclass 188) in the Significant Investor stream before 1 July 2015, you are eligible to apply for a subclass 888 visa after holding your provisional visa for three years and 11 months. If you applied for your provisional visa after 1 July 2015, you are required to hold your provisional visa for at least four years before applying for a subclass 888 visa.
- Read the full requirement details for the 888 visa at the Department of Home Affairs SkillSelect.
- Read detailed information about the various federal migration programs at the Department of Home Affairs.
- Apply for State nomination for Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) – Significant Investor stream.
- Pay the State nomination application fee