Please note that from 1 July 2020 all applications for State nomination must be lodged through our new online application system. Applications received by email or in hard copy after this date will not be processed.
Due to COVID-19 we are conducting all interviews with clients by telephone. Personal appointments will also be replaced by telephone interviews at the Western Australian Government Trade Office in Shanghai until further notice.
If you have an appointment with our staff, or intend to make one, please contact us on email@example.com to arrange the appointment by telephone.
This visa is intended for people with a successful background in managing businesses or financial investments. Western Australian State Nomination criteria includes:
- you having a score of at least 65 on the Business Innovation and Investment points test
- you having had a total of at least three years experience of direct involvement in managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments
- for one of the last five fiscal years, you:
- directly managed a business in which you, your spouse or partner, or you and your spouse or partner combined held an ownership interest of at least 10 per cent; OR
- you directly managed your, your spouse or partner’s, or your and your spouse or partner’s combined eligible investments worth at least AUD$1.5 million
- for each of the last two fiscal years, your total business and personal assets had a net value of at least AUD$2.25 million
- you are able to make a Designated Investment of AUD$1.5 million with the Western Australian Treasury Corporation for a four year term
- you can invest additional funds of AUD$500,000 in any other Western Australian asset
- you will maintain your funds in Western Australia on maturity of your Treasury Bonds
- you are less than 55 years of age, or you are proposing to participate in a business or investment activity which will be of exceptional economic benefit to the State (refer to the State nomination guidelines)
All 188 Business Innovation and Investment – Investor Stream visa holders will become eligible for permanent residence under the 888 Business Innovation and Investment – Investor Stream visa once they have held the required Treasury Bonds in Western Australia for at least four years and met the relevant criteria. 188 Business Innovation and Investment – Investor Stream visa holders are unable to apply for the 888 Business Innovation and Investment – Business Innovation Stream.
A Designated Investment held jointly will allow either the primary or secondary 188 visa holder to meet the criteria for the Subclass 888. The main applicant at the permanent stage will need to meet all the 888 visa requirements.
You and any family members (dependents) residing in Australia are required to live and study in Western Australia.
How to apply
Lodge an online application for State nomination with the Business Migration Centre (BMC). A fee of $AUD750 applies to all visa nomination applications.
If you are granted State nomination you can proceed to lodge an expression of interest (EOI) through SkillSelect. If you have not already done so.
Once nominated through SkillSelect by the BMC, you will receive an invitation from Department of Home Affairs to lodge your visa application which must be completed within 60 days using Department of Home Affairs electronic lodgement system.
If you do not submit your visa application within 60 days, your State nomination will no longer be valid. If you plan to continue with your visa application you will need to submit a new State nomination application and pay another application fee to the Business Migration Centre.
Please note, Western Australia receives only a limited number of nomination places from the Department of Home Affairs. We usually receive more applications than the number of places, and are therefore unable to offer State nomination to all qualifying applicants who lodge an application. Applicants who have previously been granted a State nomination will not receive a second nomination unless under exceptional circumstances.
Lodging your application
Before proceeding please ensure you have read all the requirements of the 188 visa criteria at the Department of Home Affairs SkillSelect website. Where you can also find details of all Australian migration programs.
Once you start your application, you can save it as you progress and return to it later. If you are completing the application on behalf of someone else, please ensure you save the application before submitting it so the applicant can personally complete the Applicant Declaration.
You will be required to attach documents throughout the application, please ensure any documents not in English are translated, and a copy of both the original and translated versions are included. Please do not include any personal information such as birth certificates, tax file numbers etc.
Due to upload limitations, please only provide the relevant pages addressing the criteria and not the full document.