Western Australia has a dynamic business environment with a strong history of international trade and investment. It is also home to a third of all ASX (Australia Securities Exchange) listed companies.
The State's services, technologies and specialist manufacturing sectors continue to grow, while mining, petroleum and agriculture lead the nation's exports with products in demand worldwide.
The Government of Western Australian is committed to supporting diverse business development and economic growth throughout the State. A range of services are available through the Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC) to assist and support business migrants to relocate to Western Australia. Additional information on business opportunities can be found below.
Some key organisations that can provide assistance
Western Australian newspapers
- The West Australian newspaper is published Monday to Saturday. The most popular days for business listings are Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Western Australian Business News
The following links may also assist you to find businesses in Western Australia
Tourism or hospitality industry
If you would like to operate a business in the tourism or hospitality industry, Tourism WA (State Government) can provide you with assistance about business opportunities.
Business and industry associations
Business and industry associations are a great source of information for people interested in buying or establishing a business. The Australian Government has an online directory containing details of various government agencies and business associations.
Other valuable State and Federal Government resources
- Small Business Development Corporation
- Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation
- Department of Mines, Industry, Regulation and Safety
- Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development
- Chamber of Minerals and Energy of WA
- Australian Trade and Investment Commission
- International Trade Centre
- Australian Exporters