Are you contemplating moving to Western Australia on a business migrant visa, waiting for a decision on your visa, or you already hold a business migrant visa? The following information is designed to provide you with links and information that will assist with the many aspects of relocating and doing business in Western Australia.
The Government of Western Australia is committed to supporting diverse business development and economic growth throughout the State.
Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC)
- The SBDC is essential for getting your business started. The 8 steps to starting a business checklist will provide you with the basic information you need to plan and start your new business.
Department of Home Affairs
- The Department of Home Affairs Life in Australia book.
Life in Australia has been translated into community languages commonly spoken by Australian migrants.
Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- The ATO’s small business assist provides easy access to information for both new and established businesses on a range of topics like registering for an Australian Business Number, understanding and registering for GST and lodging activity statements.
- The official YouTube channel of the ATO features videos on various tax and superannuation topics. In the videos section, you can find a wide range of videos in community languages commonly spoken by Australian migrants.
Australian workplace laws
- Fair Work Ombudsman promotes harmonious, productive, cooperative and compliant workplace relations in Australia.
- Small Business Showcase – a set of resources in a single easy to access and navigate hub to help small business employers understand their workplace rights and obligations.
- Fair Work handbook – a useful reference guide that summarises your responsibilities under the Fair Work Act 2009, the National Employment Standards, awards, enterprise agreements and other registered agreements.
- In-language information – information and resources in over 30 languages to help you understand your workplace rights and obligations in Australia.
Chambers of Commerce and other associations
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia
- American Chamber of Commerce in Australia
- West Australian-German Business Association
- Western Australian Croatian Chamber of Commerce
- Australia Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc.
- Hong Kong Australia Business Association (WA Chapter)
- Combined Small Business Alliance of WA Inc. (CoSBA)
- Australia Africa Business Council
- Australia Malaysia Business Council
- Italian Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Western Australian Chinese Chamber of Commerce Inc.
- Hellenic Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Western Australia Vietnam Business Council
- Western Australian Singapore Business Council
- Australia India Business Council
- Australia-Indonesia Business Council